At a glance…
– Two bedroom cottage, with off-road parking
– Grade II listed spa with a wealth of original features
– Rural location with a variety of walking routes on your doorstep
– Easy access in to the market town of Stow-on-the-Wold
– Traditional village pub within walking distance
– Steeped in history with a contemporary twist
– Log burner and roll top bath
– Visit the many Cotswold villages and countryside in the area
Need to know
– 2 bedrooms (1 king-size and 1 double), 1 bathroom
– Electric range oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine
– Wood burner (first basket of logs included)
– Electric and central heating included
– Bed linen and towels included
– Off-road parking for 2 cars, pub within walking distance
– TV and DVD in lounge, Wi-Fi included
– With regret no pets, babes in arms, infants or children
– Arrival time – 4pm
Nestled in a row of Cotswold stone cottages and steeped in history, with an unusual style that is further complimented by the stylish interior and furnishings, just perfect for any special occasion.
The quintessential village, Lower Swell enjoys a superb location nestled into the valley. Enjoying the surrounding countryside although, just a stone’s throw away from Stow-on-the-Wold a traditional Cotswold town, offering simple access to neighbouring towns and villages, to include Lower Slaughter, Broadway, Chipping Campden, Bourton-on-the-Water and Burford. Further afield, visit the historic town of Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare’s birth place and Cheltenham, home to the literature and food festival. More local attractions include Chastleton House and Gardens, the Cotswold Farm Park, Birdland, Hidcote Manor, Daylesford organic farm shop and Chedworth Roman Villas.
Take in the grandness of the Georgian facade, enter the property and step back in time to the smallest spa in England. The lounge will simply take your breath away with high ceilings, a show stopping chandelier and gilded mirror sitting proudly above the fire place with wood burner, sit back and relax amongst the rich soft furnishings and take in the wonder of the spa or a favourite movie. A stone arch gives access to the hallway, where you will find the stairs down to the kitchen/diner, the hand-crafted kitchen area is the perfect place to chat over dinner and is well-equipped with electric range oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine. The dining area enjoys views onto the garden and seats four. After a long day, head up the stairs where you will find one king-size bedroom enjoying views across the garden, head further up the stairs and you will find a double bedroom. There is a bathroom with free standing copper bath just perfect for a soak after a day exploring, shower and WC.
Outside, head into the enclosed garden from the kitchen/diner, a perfect sun trap to while away the afternoon with a good book, or perhaps light the BBQ. There is off-road parking for two cars with this property. Book now >>